Ohio Wines Founders Memorial Scholarship – honoring those leaders who Contributed to the establishment of the Grape and Wine Industry in Ohio
(Created in the names of Bob Gottesman, Ken Schuchter, James Gallander, Garth Cahoon, Lou Heineman, Arnie Esterer, Tony Debevc)
Two annual Scholarships of $500 will be awarded to select students in recognition of demonstrated interest, aptitude and creativity in advancing the interests of the Ohio climate grape growing and wine making. The awards will be based entirely on merit, and the recipient(s) will be recognized to the membership on the OWPA web site and at the annual banquet in Columbus in February.
To be eligible for this award,
- A student must be part or full-time student in an accredited institution of higher education in the Ohio.
- Must be studying some aspect of enology, viticulture, a related discipline and/or plan to open a winery in Ohio.
Applications consist of:
- A letter which includes a description of your academic program and statement of career objectives including your experience and interest in viticulture or enology.
- A resume highlighting vineyard or winery experience.
- A letter or recommendation from a high school or higher education faculty member which certifies that you are a full-time student and provides evidence of your interest and ability in viticulture and enology or related disciplines.
Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee of the OWPA Board of Directors and sent to dwinchell@OhioWines.org or mailed to OWPA, 1 South Broadway, Geneva, OH 44041. Checks will be made out directly to the scholarship winner.
Deadline for Receipt of Complete Applications – December 1, 2022
Award will be made by December 28, 2022